Saturday, May 12, 2012

TaDaa!!

‘Clotilde Soupert, Climbing’ is in residence and upright which proves that anything can be accomplished if you just keep going.

IMG_2013
She has a lot of canes and several 12-ft canes. I wish I could say she doesn't even miss the ones that the squirrels severed.
IMG_1984
The before shot - after I removed her from the trellis.
IMG_2007
I re-used the metal trellis. Some things were just meant to be. I never measured the space between the posts or the width of the trellis or even thought about installing it this way. This space-cadet gardener forgot that this is exactly what Pinkie is climbing on.
IMG_2004
I also didn't intend that DH would be lending me his tie-down straps permanently. I just needed a way to hoist her up.  I don't know why I figured I could just give them back when I was done. Just ditzy, I guess. It took a rope and two straps to get her vertical...and lots of strips of pantyhose to get her tucked in nice.
IMG_2006
I like it.
IMG_2009

IMG_2016
So much for glamor shots. Doesn't everyone keep their alfalfa pellets and Milorganite on the front porch? At least temporarily?
IMG_2022
The new look.

14 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty there. Your Rose gardens really look inviting.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cher. I've gotten to the stage where I'm feeling that. It feels like the garden is really put together and looking right. Last evening DH & I sat on the swing and enjoyed the breeze.

      Delete
  2. the wood next to the metal on the trellis looks so nice. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sherry - I love it! She looks great! And the trellis really makes a grand entrance! And yes, I only "see" the tools and things left out AFTER I've taken a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holleygarden, I wonder if I should have wrapped a few canes loosely around her instead of sending them all straight. I wonder if she'll bloom on the vertical canes. I may go back and adjust them.

      Delete
  4. It looks great!!! It will be gorgeous in full bloom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trellis !!! Beautiful !!! The rose is gorgeous even before blooming ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic.......Super job......the black iron is the piece de resistance! Like Casa Mariposa can't wait to see it bloom!

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Cyd

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trellis looks great! And, Clotilde is so large and lush already...perfect. Can't wait to see pics with her in bloom.

    ReplyDelete